Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lilacs...

Oh, spring.

We have a lilac bush in our backyard that smells divine when the lilacs are in bloom.

Right now, however, it looks like a pile of sticks.

So I thought, for the birthday card for my BFF, I'd make a pretty lilac card with my Flourishes Lilac stamp set. (Lilacs also happen to be her favorite flower.) I covered the focal panel with the large lilac image from the stamp set, colored in the images, and then took the lilac titles from the stamp set and stamped them in Fine Linen, to further create that vintage feel. 

I tried to create something feminine, lacy, and vintage-y.

I did something a little different with the panel behind the lilacs... I embossed a white lace pattern with white embossing powder on a piece of PTI Vintage Cream card stock. Then I took the PTI Tea Dye Duo and did a bit of emboss-resist, to make it look like a piece of vintage lace.

I embellished the side with a lavender seam-binding bow and some lacy border cut from a Lifestyle Crafts border strip die.

The interior was finished with a sentiment from PTI's 2012 Birthday Tags and Flourishes' Lace Borders set, to tie in the "feminine" theme. I am really loving this pretty jade-ish green and Winter Wisteria color combination.

Well, thanks for stopping by!! I'm off to work on some more vintage-y cards for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge! :)

Supplies:
Card stock: PTI Winter Wisteria, Vintage Cream; Flourishes Color Made Easy Pistachio
Stamps: Flourishes' Lilac stamp set, Antique Lace background stamp, and Lace Edges stamp set; PTI Happy for You and 2012 Birthday Tags
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Winter Wisteria, Fine Linen, and New Leaf, PTI Tea Dye Duo
Dies: Spellbinders Matting Basics, Lifestyle Crafts border strip (came with a set, so it doesn't have its own name)
Miscellaneous: Flourishes Crocus seam binding, twine from PTI, Winter Wisteria button from PTI









No comments:

Post a Comment