Saturday, February 9, 2013

Final Installment

    And now, for the piece de resistance...

My inspiration photo:



My version:








This project took me the longest of all four. I started with a color combo that has been ruminating in my head for about a week and a half: mint green, Fine Linen, and Vintage Cream. There's something so deliciously shabby chic about it. I got some Brown Sugar Zing! Embossing Powder that's almost a perfect match for Fine Linen, and that was what started it. I knew I wanted to use my Flourishes Lace Trim set with the Brown Sugar EP, but I didn't have a project in mind yet. Well, I definitely found one today. I made a 4x4x2 box with my Martha Stewart Score Board, heat embossed the Lace Trim on the edges of the box, then created a panel of striped Vintage Cream card stock with my Super Stripes stamp set. The frame from Simply Jane provided a perfect backdrop for a beautiful resin cameo embellishment sent to me by my crafty pen pal. (Thanks, Leah!!!) The mint green frame was embossed with the same Brown Sugar EP, and I used some toffee brown crocheted ribbon around the top of the box. Some minty green seam binding from Flourishes, a Spearmint button from MFT with some jute twine, and some resin roses finished it off.

This project is seriously one of my favorites that I've ever done, and I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I don't want to give it away, because it will just get thrown away, and I don't really want to sell it, but I also don't want it to just sit in my craft nook collecting dust. Thoughts?

Thanks for stopping by! (again... and again... and again... ) :) Hope everyone is enjoying the PTI Anniversary festivities. I know I am.

Supplies:
Card Stock: MFT Spearmint; PTI Vintage Cream, Fine Linen
Stamps: Flourishes Lace Trim; PTI Simply Jane, Super Stripes,
Ink: Versamark, Fine Linen, Tea Dye Duo
Dies: Simply Jane
Miscellaneous: Brown Sugar Zing! EP, Crochet Lace ribbon from Hobby Lobby, resin embellishments from Leah, Spearmint Buttons from MFT, Jute Twine, Spearmint and Hot Chocolate Liquid Pearls


1 comment:

  1. fabulous project, beautiful work! i hope you find something beautiful to put inside that treasure of a box :)

    ReplyDelete