Wednesday, February 6, 2013

And so it begins...

The Papertrey Ink 6th anniversary festivities have begun!

For the first challenge, we were asked to choose a project from amongst the favorites of the DT. I chose to work from one of Dawn McVey's cards.

I decided to use the middle project on the left side. Something about the layout really appealed to me. I needed to make a valentine for my mom, and this is what I came up with:






I used Turning a New Leaf instead of Harvest Berries (since I don't own that one), Rosie Posie instead of Natural Beauties (because you can never have too much Rosie Posie), and the hexagon border from Rosie Posie instead of the polka dots. I'm sure you're getting sick of my aqua/pink/white color scheme by now, but I'm definitely not. I used Avery Elle Sea Glass CS for the base and MFT Cotton Candy CS for the pink accents. The Sea Glass is a really pretty shade of pale, pale aqua. It's got a bit more blue in it than Aqua Mist, and it's a bit paler. I really love it!! The Cotton Candy is a medium pink, in between Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz. I've been exploring other avenues for CS to try to fill some holes in my PTI color spectrum, and I'm really pleased with everything I've gotten for the most part.

The valentine stamps are from Avery Elle's Lots of Love set. I thought it was whimsical and fun, plus it has a few sentiments on it that are just perfect for my cute hubby!! I can't wait to make his valentine, but I won't be able to show it till after Vday, since he reads my blog. :) The little heart trio was so cute that I just had to include it on the card, so I thought of it as little sprays of berries amongst a bouquet of garden roses, and the fact that they are hearts ties in that pesky "Valentine's Day" theme.

Thanks for checking out my project!!! I'd love it if you decided to become a follower. :)

Supplies:
Card Stock: PTI White, Avery Elle Sea Glass, MFT Cotton Candy
Ink: Ocean Tides, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Turning a New Leaf; Avery Elle Lots of Love
Dies: PTI Rosie Posie, Spellbinders Matting Basics, Lifestyle Crafts lacy border
Miscellaneous: Copics for shading


No comments:

Post a Comment