Monday, November 21, 2016

The Ton and So Suzy Stamps Collaboration, Day 1!

Good morning! Today marks the first day of The Ton's collaboration with a fantastic stamp manufacturer, So Suzy Stamps! 



This is a fun collaboration between The Ton and So Suzy Stamps to showcase the styles of both stamp companies and the versatility of the designs of each. Each designer has created fun projects so be sure to hop along to see all the gorgeous inspiration. The hop continues until Wednesday and some of us designers will be creating and posting for each day of the hop. Be sure to follow us and check back the next couple of days to check out our collaboration projects! You should have arrived from Suzy's blog and your next stop is Ceal's blog

For my project today, I used one of Suzy's absolutely fabulous sentiment stamps: Pour Yourself A Drink. We all have days where we just need a little pick-me-up, and this card would surely accomplish that for me!


I started by stamping the fun So Suzy sentiment using Versamark on plain white card stock. I heat embossed it in clear, then trimmed down the sides to create a 3 3/4"x 5" panel. Next came the watercoloring; I stamped the gorgeous chica from The Ton's Born Classy and some of the lovely roses from Fresh Cut Garden Roses Outlines onto some watercolor paper using Versamark ink, which I then heat embossed with clear EP. 


I watercolored Ms. Sassy Pants with a combination of dark blue and bright turquoise Zig markers to create this gorgeous teal-y blue-y gown. (yes, I use technical terminology.) I heat embossed the feather mermaid tail included in the Born Classy set using some dark silver glitter embossing powder on vellum. Of course she had to have a drink to help her pull herself together, so I stamped and colored a glass of champagne for her. I die cut everything with the coordinating dies, then turned to the roses. 



The roses... You know I can't resist adding flowers, especially on a super feminine card like this one. Kinda helps balance the sassiness, don't you think? I water colored the Fresh Cut Garden Roses Outlines with bright fuchsia and purple Zig markers, then watercolored the leaves with some dark teal to coordinate with the dress. I die cut the blooms with their coordinating dies, then began assembling my project. I popped up the sentiment panel with dimensional adhesive, then added my florals and my sassy chica. 

Now, for the extra fun part.... giveaway goodies! The Ton and So Suzy Stamps are giving away a $25 GC So Suzy Stamps, $25 GC to The Ton, and a fabulous Bunkie Bag that can hold your MISTI and other stamping supplies while you’re on the go! Leave a comment on the blogs by November 24, 11:59PM EST. Winners will be announced on November 25th for Black Friday Shopping. The more comments you leave, the more likely you are to win! Good luck and happy hopping! 







87 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you put together the 3 different stamp sets! Beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote, we all need to do that at times. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how bright this is! Definitely a card I would love to get in the mail for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Emily, that is the perfect name for her! Miss Sassy Pants! She is PERFECT for those snarky stamps! LOL Your card is absolutely STUNNING and I love it!!! Thank you so much for joining us for the hop! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vibrant colors and the sentiment is a classy one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and gorgeous! Love the shimmer on the gown! So much fun to hop with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love your design using three different stamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the embossed tail on her gown. At first, I thought it was beaded. And the quote is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful roses and love the embossed mermaid tail to her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The roses are just gorgeous! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card is so pretty!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all these encouraging sentiments! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dress. The bottom is
    fantastic. Always wanted to wear
    a dress like that.
    Great sentiment.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES! I don't think this card could be more FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a classy and beautiful card! The sentiment is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card! I love the bottom of her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sentiment goes great with this gorgeous gal. LOVE how you did her dress and the fab flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a wonderful card - love that silver mermaid tail!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love love your gorgeous card! Absolutely fabulous and snarky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These stamp sets go so perfectly together. Gorgeous card creation

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a gorgeous card with the roses and elegant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the layout and how the sentiment fits perfectly the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The richness of the color of the flowers is really nice. I need that sentiment for some of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So loving the colors on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a fabulous and classy card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card! Love the color combo and your beautiful coloring! Such a lovely stamp with the Born Classy design! Enjoying the hop and the collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sentiment with that gown.. Just awesome sauce !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card and I love the roses and the sparkly dress. So pretty and perfectly paired with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic card, I am on the third stop of the hop and the inspiration is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gorgeous card!! I love the choice of colors and that blue dress looks so awesome!!
    Cheers
    Preety

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gracious, the colors are absolutely glorious and the raised absolutely beautiful flowers 🌺 sets off the card. I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What gorgeous flowers! The embossing on the bottom of the dress definitely dressed it up even more. I thought that was a great idea. Also loved the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning card, Emily! Love the bright colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely beautiful card! The colors are perfect! Love your post...lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just stunning...love the flowers addition....brings it to a new dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Incredible...absolutely incredible Emily! The tail of her dress is amazing and shows how creative you are...really, the perfect touch to that beautiful gown! I'm still picking my chin up off of my laptop LOL! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pretty card. Love the sentiment. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. love the color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Excellent card. I love the sentiment. Great snap out of it card.

    ReplyDelete
  42. sharon c. Your colours are outstanding for a striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card! , I'm loving these snarky sentiments with the classy girl and those vibrant peonies, soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG!! I want a dress just like this! Oh, can't forget I want the figure too! LOL Amazing card! LOVELOVELOVE it!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a gorgeous card! Love the beautiful dress & especially the awesome sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. A truly gorgeous card! I love your colors and coloring and the bottom of that dress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the beautiful vibrant colours of this card

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the contrasting colors used in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wowza! That's an amazing card. Love that dress!!! And the sentiment goes perfect with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fabulously intense & bold colors to adore! Lovely lower side placement of the diva!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful card! The colors are amazing!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  52. That's a great sentiment and your colouring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Don't have this stamp set yet, guess I have to get this one next!!

    ReplyDelete