Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Where Creativity Meets C9: November Challenge!

Good morning! My apologies for the lateness of this post... My kiddos birthday was a couple of days ago, and I've completely lost track of time! Aaahhhh!! 



Anyway, the challenge for this month's Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge is... SPARKLE AND SHINE. Nothing wrong with the world that a little sparkle can't fix. 


For my project, I used some newer holiday goodies from Concord and 9th... Christmas Cottage and Happy Card Frame dies. I know, I used the same set last month, but I just couldn't help myself! I am in love with these fabulous die cuts!! 

I started by die cutting all of the trees and house from Christmas Cottage using simple white card stock at varied heights. I then die cut a scalloped frame, as I knew I wanted to make a shaker, then trimmed the edges of the die cuts to fit horizontally across the frame. I added Star Dust Stickles to the die cuts where I thought snow would have landed and allowed them to dry over night. 


I used a double layer of foam tape on the frame to ensure that I had plenty of room for both the dimensional die cuts and the shaker bits that I intended to add. 


I die cut the "happy" from the Happy Card Frame dies from some super shiny blue foil card stock that I found at Hobby Lobby. (Hobby Lobby has some fabulous foil card stocks, and if you can find them during a 50% off sale, they're quite economical!) I placed my "happy" die cut on my frame, then stamped the "holidays" from the coordinating stamp set directly on my card base. I filled the shaker with several different shades and types of white sequins, as I wanted to have a bright white, sparkly card with a pop of color for the sentiment.  

And there you have it! It's quite thick, so I will have to hand deliver this one, but it's totally worth it for all of that awesome dimension! Absolutely in love with these die cuts!

Now, you have until November 29 to create your own sparkly and shiny project using Concord and 9th products and link it up to the Sparkle and Shine challenge post over at Where Creativity Meets C9! One winner will be chosen randomly for a generous $25 gift certificate from our wonderful Concord and 9th sponsors, and the best entry will be given an opportunity to guest design with the WCMC9 design team on a future challenge!!! Good luck and happy sparkling!!! :) 



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love your beautiful card! This is truly a treasure!

    ReplyDelete