Saturday, November 26, 2016

A cozy Christmas...

Good morning! I hope everyone had an absolutely wonderful weekend. I'm FINALLY feeling a little better, so I took the opportunity to sit down at my desk and make a card to make a last minute submission to the current challenge over at A Blog Named Hero! The theme is Holiday... and you know how I love holiday cards! I hadn't had a chance to ink up the new Coffee Cup Tags from Hero Arts yet, so I knew this was the perfect opportunity! 


Chalkboard cards are one of my most favorite "technique" cards... The finished product is just so cool, in my opinion. To start, I stamped and white heat embossed the pretty floral coffee cup, whipped cream, sentiment and some pretty foliage onto some dark gray card stock. After all of the heat embossing was finished, I used my white Prismacolor pencil to add some shading to the whipped cream, as well as a few accents to the sentiment and some lines to create a frame around the edge of the card. 


My take on the "chalkboard look" is to add several different layers and intensities of white, such as white colored pencil, white gel pen, white pigment ink, etc. In addition to the white pencil I added, I also used my white gel pen to add some decorative dots on the corners of the frame. I also used some white pigment ink around the edges of the A2 panel to give it that nice, worn chalkboard look. As a final touch, and to add a little color, I used some Ruby Stickles on the berries.

That's all for me today, so I hope you enjoyed this quick little project! Have a fabulous day, friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment