Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Ton Anniversary Release: Day 2!


Good morning!!!! This week marks The Ton Stamps's second anniversary, and boy oh boy, do we have a week chock full of excitement for you! 29 stamp designs. 7 Couture sequin mixes. AND we are debuting a brand new Challenge Blog for you all to play along with! See, I told you this week was going to be exciting! Today, we are debuting ten new stamp sets: 

Beautiful Butterflies 1, 2, 3
Brushed Love, Hugs, You
Dahlia Close Up
The New Pretty
Oscar
Oscar Superlatives

For The Ton's 2017 Anniversary, Effie has released 29 new stamp designs and 7 new couture mixes! There are several exclusive* gifts with purchases that you can obtain with this new release. This promotion does not apply to prior purchases. The threshold amount is calculated before taxes and shipping. This promotion will continue until January 19 at 11:59pm EST or until supplies last. Limit one GWP (Gift With Purchase) package per customer.
Spend $75 or more: Receive a free pack of our new Cotton Candy Puff Couture Mix
Spend $100 or more: Receive a 2x3 Flutter Mini Stamp (and Cotton Candy Puff Mix)
Spend $150 or more: Receive a 3x4 Lone Poppy Set (and Flutter Mini Set and Cotton Candy Puff Mix).

*You may be able to find these GWPs at your international retailer. These GWP items will NOT be available at any other U.S. retailer.

For today's projects, I've focused on the new Oscar and Oscar Superlatives, Brushed You, The New Pretty, and Beautiful Butterflies 1 and 2. Let's get started! 


For my first card, I simply heat embossed the middle layer of the clever new Oscar set using gold glitter embossing powder onto some black card stock. I heat embossed the greeting (these new Oscar  and Oscar Superlatives sets are great for guy cards!) using white embossing powder. I trimmed it down, added some strips of gold glitter paper to the edges of the card base, some white strips of card stock along the edge of the main panel, and popped it up with some dimensional adhesive. Simple, but most guys don't notice all of those details, anyway! :)


For my next project, I used the pretty Brushed You sentiment with some Distress Inks to create a hand-lettered look on my next project! I used my MISTI to double stamp the large "you" from Brushed You onto some watercolor card stock, then ran over it with a wet paintbrush, smoothing out the rougher, splotchy areas and adding more ink where necessary. It looks like I watercolored it myself, right? Love it! 


For the flowers,  I used the same Distress Inks to do some no-line coloring... I stamped the poppies from Fresh Cut Poppies Outline in various shades of blue (did you know that poppies come in a huge variety of colors? Go search Pinterest! I was amazed! I thought they only came in red and yellow!) then tapped my Distress Ink pads onto an acrylic block to add the shading and dimension. I trimmed down the bottom, then added a strip of teal foil to the bottom of my card base to add a little extra pop of turquoise. Loving these Brushed sets! 


My next project is one that I sneaked in my blog post for yesterday's release... I used two of the new Beautiful Butterflies sets (1 and 2) and the The New Pretty sentiment set. I started by embossing that encouraging greeting from The New Pretty set in silver onto some Bristol card stock. Next, I used Rose Quartz, Blue Diamond, and Soft Amethyst inks to blend a pretty, ethereal background over the embossed sentiment. 


Now, for the butterflies. I used the outline images from Beautiful Butterflies 1 and 2 to heat emboss them onto some vellum using holographic embossing powder. I then fussy cut them all out and placed them in a cascade down the front of my card, popping a few of them up using clear dimensional adhesive. A few sequins from the new sequins mix debuted yesterday, Princess Glam, finished it off. 

For each Release Day (1 through 4), The Ton is giving away a $50 gift certificate! So there are four $50 gift certificates up for grabs! To qualify, you must leave a comment on The Ton's Daily Release posts. Leave a comment on each Design Team member's blogs to increase your chances of winning.One stamp set of choice for 7 commenters from each of the Design Team member blogs during Release Week (Days 1-4).
The comment period for all giveaways will close on Monday, January 16th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced thereafter.
Well that's all for me today! Don't forget to check out the new Challenge Blog and enter your own fabulous projects! 




67 comments:

  1. oh my! such pretty cards :) im totally loving the classy combo on the first, flowers on the second one and the softness of the third card. thanks for sharing :)
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You are kind of amazing." The coloring is superb. I will be trying that layout with my brushed thanks and The Ton florals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am simply swooning over the blue poppy card. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! my husband would love these Oscar cards!! I am soooo soooo getting this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful but the Butterfly card is Heavenly!! I am sure that I can hear the Angels in Heaven singing about how glorious it is!!! My heart is going BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! over it!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards, and this new release is also awesome! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny, my hubby nit picks my cards & notices everything! lol
    All of your cards are lovely. I especially love the 2nd card - just so pretty! Gorgeous no line w/c. Love the vellum butterflies on the pretty w/c BG, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those poppy flowers were colored so beautifully! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards. My favorite is the one in the middle with the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both so pretty!!! The butterfly one though I'm so in love with. ❤️❤️ The background you did is so beautiful and the sentiment is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue shades of your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blue poppies. They are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cards.
    Love the blue and pink background
    on the last card. The addition
    of the butterflies is great.
    The Oscar card is so vibrant.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards, just beautiful! The poppy card and the butterfly cards are my favorite. Love the gold accents on the Oscar card, just beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of this release. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All 3 cards are stunning! Great job using the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards! Love the blue poppy card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! Those blue poppies really stand out and I love the softness of your butterfly card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards!! I love the blue flowers card!! Such a beautiful shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cards! The new Pretty is a must have sentiment stamp set for me as wellas the brushed words! You have shown how versatile they can be. Hope the Oscar set gets released you made a perfect man card to case! many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am just blown away by your blue poppy card!!!! Like omg it's so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your beautiful cards. Awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, especially love those gorgeous blue poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All So gorgeous!! LOVE the "you" card! And your oscar card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards! Love the gorgeous blue poppies so pretty with the bold scripty font. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love all your blues! my favorite color - i just never get tired of it! great inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, your poppies card is amazing!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blue card with the word "you" is soooo beautiful! It is absolutely stunning! The colors you chose are fantastic and your coloring skills are amazing! This should be framed and hung on the wall for everyone in the home that receives it to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic cards. I really love your stunning blue poppies and those brush sentiments are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol the flowers and butterflies ones. Very amazing

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Those blue poppies are superb! And I love your Oscar for your husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! The cards are so beautiful!!! I love the poppies!! So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The blue poppy card is gorgeous. I must check out the holographic embossing powder...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty cards! Love the blue poppy card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The blues in your poppy card are amazing! Such a great combo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are all fantastic Emily. Love the Oscar card and the other ones are so pretty. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely creations, this release is just getting better and better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loving them all! Omgosh love them!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What pretty cards and stamp sets

    ReplyDelete
  39. You cards are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The You Are Amazing card is breathtaking!! Someone is going to frame that when they get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the Ton Stamps and your designs are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the beautiful blues of the flowers on the second card and those vellum butterflies on the third are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. All three cards are lovely, but I simply adore your last card with the butterflies- it is soft and lovely, just like a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such Elegant Cards! Loved both of them and super loved their coloring! Thank you so much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh my!!! Such fantastic cards and colouring!!! Really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow - just beautiful! I have to say, that "The New Pretty" set - how wonderful that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awesome cards! Love the vellum butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Emily! Your coloring is amazing. Pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful! Love the soft blending

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are kind of amazing too! I love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  51. The Ton Anniversary Release Day 2" is a treasure trove of inspiration, How Secure Network Your coverage of the latest releases and design team creations captures the essence of each product's versatility.

    ReplyDelete