Wednesday, January 18, 2017

More Corner Adorner!

Good morning! I'm back today with another project using Lil Inker's Corner Adorner stamp set! I am prepping to pack up my craft room for our move, and I had one of those ideas that I just had to do before I forgot it in the chaos of moving. This stamp set is so freaking gorgeous.... I couldn't resist. AND I finally used my poor, neglected Copics... hooray!
 
I started with a piece of heavy weight vellum from Papertrey Ink and heat embossed the beautiful floral arrangement from Corner Adorner with some silver sparkle embossing powder. I then used my copics (and this technique is basically the only reason I keep my copics around anymore haha!) to color the back of the best embossed vellum! I just adore this technique... it looks like stained glass! The back is almost pretty enough to leave it flipped over... 
 
 
The thing to remember with this technique is that you have to choose colors that have some depth to them, because the colors will become very muted when you flip the vellum over to the correct side. After I had colored all of the pretty blooms, I fussy cut them out. 
 
I wanted something subtle for the background, but still needed some color and interest. I used a piece of watercolor cardstock and my ph Martin watercolors to create a kind of sunset ombré wash. I then die cut it using a Winnie and Walter scalloped frame and stamped and die cut the greeting using another set from Lil Inker: Warm Welcome
 
 
Look at the detail of this awesome stamp. Swoon! 
Adhering vellum can be tricky. I usually try to hide it with some strategically placed die cuts or sequins, but the colors of the Copic coloring was sufficient to hide my little dots of Multi Medium Matte. I popped up the watercolored scalloped frame on my silvery A2 panel and adhered it to my card base!  I hope you will bear with me over the next month as we are moving. I get to have a real craft room, complete with closet and huge windows and everything, so I'm really excited, but dreading having to pack everything up and organize, etc etc. The end result will be so worth it, but I've decided that I need a magic wand to just magically make everything move itself! Haha! Have a fabulous day, friends! 

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the brilliant colors and the layout of the images is lovely! TFS!

    ReplyDelete