Monday, January 16, 2017

With Sympathy.

Hello, friends! I hope you all had a marvelous weekend. Ours was pretty productive, to say the least. I did some reorganizing and purging in preparation for our upcoming move... I also got some coloring in, since I am not anticipating having a lot of time for coloring, crafting, or blogging during the month of February! I wanted to play with some new stamps that I received a few weeks ago: Corner Adorner from Lil Inker Designs. This set is truly stunning, and as soon as I saw it peeked, I knew I (and my Zigs!) neeeeeded it. 


To start, I stamped the main floral stamp from Corner Adorner a few times on my A2 watercolor panel using Versafine and clear embossing powder. I then used a variety of jewel toned Zig markers and my wet paintbrush to color the image... let me tell you, was this ever cathartic and so, so much fun! I have a couple more fun ideas for this set, and I hope I get some time to show them to you in the next couple of weeks. One of the things I love about floral clusters like this is that you can totally change the mood depending on what colors you choose. Color is one of my favorite things about this hobby. 


After I'd finished coloring everything, I die cut the With Sympathy die three times from black card stock. I adhered them all together to create a dimensional die cut, then adhered them onto my card front. The final touch was to cover them with some Spectrum Noir shimmer pens and Glossy Accents.

It's just so pretty! I can't wait to play with this set even more!

 Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a marvelous week! 


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Emily! You and your zigs are a magical combination.

    ReplyDelete