Monday, July 20, 2015

Thanks a bunch....

The Ton Stamps has a ton (forgive me, but pun intended) of gorgeous floral stamps, and I love them all. You've seen my obsession with the multi-step peonies, then the mini peonies, and now I have a card showcasing the Wild Florals stamp set from their last stamp release. (Oh, and I have their peony background set on the way to me.... My first rubber cling stamp!)

This card is loosely inspired by Rifle Paper Co and their stunning artwork, particularly the color scheme and general flowery imagery. I used Altenew's Ruby Red and Coral Berry inks for the large flowers, HA field greens, memento pistachio, and PTI spring moss for the greenery, and wp9 Bloomsberry for the little wisteria-esque sprigs. I lightly traced a circle die to use as a guide for my wreath, then erased most of the pencil marking so that it was barely visible. I tried to utilize the "rule of three" principle to keep some balance and create a visual triangle, but after I stamped the main flowers, I just filled in with greenery. I stamped the wisteria to fill in any holes. "Wild Florals" is certainly an apt descriptor for this card. A sentiment double heat embossed in Ranger Princess Gold finished the stamping. I thought it looked better as a square card, so I trimmed it down and mounted it with fun foam to a PTI linen card stock base. A twine bow finished it off and added some dimension. I used my wmrk envelope punch board to create a coordinating square envelope from some dcwv lightweight pattern paper.

I hope you enjoyed! Have a wonderful week, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment