Thursday, July 16, 2015

Have a super day!

Our kids were invited to a birthday party for a three year old superhero a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to make him a new card, but I was so inspired by his invitation that I translated it into shaker card form! I used Papertrey Ink's Zappy Birthday and Superhero stamp and die sets, as well as their Mat Stack 7 dies to create the shaker front. I blended some Simon Says Stamp Island Blue ink to create the blue sky background. (I had intended for there to be more dimension to the sky, but my ink blending skills are sorely lacking...) I filled the shaker with some Pretty Pink Posh stars and sequins, some mini star sequins from Michael's, as well as some mask die cuts from the Superhero die collection. The skyline is a Spellbinders die that I got at Hobby Lobby.

It's a little out of my comfort zone, but I have a card at the ready for the next time we get invited to a birthday party!! Hope you liked it! :)

2 comments: