Saturday, July 25, 2015

Christmas in July, day 2

So it's super hot out. So hot that we got the baby pool out! The little ones will play in that after their nap. :) I'm hoping this Christmas card will help me ignore how hot it is.

I was so inspired by Betsy Veldman's ink blending this past release, and I love the look of Aqua Mist blended on white card stock. This sentiment is from Mama Elephant's Seasons Greetings, and I blended some aqua mist ink around the edges of a Nostalgic Notions die cut. The poinsettias are wplus9's Pretty Poinsettias stamped in Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical Teal inks. I die cut some PTI pine boughs from Neenah metallic silver card stock (love the weight of that stuff!) and created some little arrangements. I put some glossy accents over the sentiment and the center of the flowers. The background of the card base was stamped in Aqua Mist using a Hero Arts Aspen Frost cling background stamp (one of the two cling stamps I got this week! Love the detail!)

That's all for me today! Hope you enjoyed it. Merry Christmas in July! I'm off to put my feet in the baby pool.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment