Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Christmas in July, day 5

I'm kind of glad that I remembered to post today... One of the twinkies has a double ear infection, so it's been a long, long day. Poor baby girl. :( nothing worse than a stick kiddo. I hope you'll forgive if I'm a little more incoherent than normal.

Today's card is inspired by those vintage-y graphics you see on Pinterest all the time, the ones with the beautiful typography surrounded by a lovely floral wreath. I used my distress inks to stamp the images, including the sentiment, then I took my trusty paintbrush and water (not a water brush) and spread the ink out. I added a little bit of shading to the poinsettias (from PTI's Bells and Boughs) and the greenery (from PTI's Tinsel and Tags) using my paint brush and distress ink pads. The sentiment, from Mama Elephant, was also done this way. I added a little dimension with some glossy accents over the top of the berries and the bow. Nice and flat for the mailbox!!

I hope you enjoyed this one! We are in the home stretch of Christmas in July week; then I will be back to inundating you with flowers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment