Thursday, November 5, 2015

Watercolored Mistletoe.

Hi all! I hope your week is going well.

I'm here today to show you a quick card that I made using the Hero Arts Under the Mistletoe stamp set.

To begin, I heat embossed the beautiful leaf image, sentiment, and bow on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor card stock. (I'm not entirely sure why I did that at this point... If I remember correctly, it was getting late, and I didn't feel like digging out my Strathmore, and the TH was handy LOL!) I then used my Distress Inks to watercolor it. The Festive Berries that I used for the background is just the perfect shade of Christmas red, and the muted greens in the Distress palette are subtle and lovely. I watercolored the ribbon in Aged Mahogany, then decided it needed some shimmer, and covered it with my gold Wink of Stella, not realizing how much the WoS would change the original color. The resulting copper color was not in my original color scheme, but when I covered it with Clear Pico Embellisher, I decided that I quite liked it. 


After it had dried, I trimmed the whole panel down to 3 3/4x5, then matted it on a piece of DCWV pine green foil card stock. (Foil is SUCH a pain to photograph! I promise, even though it looks black in the photo, the foil is actually dark green.) I mounted both panels on a top-folding Kraft notecard. The whole thing took me maybe 30 minutes, start to finish. Easy peasy, nice and flat for simple mailing... my kind of card!

I hope you enjoyed this card. I will be back tomorrow with a card made using peonies from The Ton. Have a fabulous Thursday, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment