Sign up to get inspiration sent to your email inbox!!

Friday, November 6, 2015

Sympathy cards...

They're really not my favorite cards to make. (I'm sure I'm not the only one.) I had cause to make a couple of sympathy cards recently for a good friend of ours, and I decided that I probably better get a couple in my stash, so I don't have to be put on the spot like that and try to come up with something quickly.


This one's pretty simple in design. I used the first set I ever purchased from The Ton Stamps: Fresh Cut Peonies. The blooms are so detailed... just simply stunning. I wanted a bouquet of blooms dripping from the corner on a stark black card base, so I die cut the blooms using Bazzill's Candy Hearts card stock. I chose to use colored card stock, as opposed to white cardstock, because I didn't want to bring in that unseemly white edge that comes with die cuts. (I know, I could have fussy cut them, but these blooms have intricate edges, and naptime was almost over!) I love how such a simple alteration of using colored card stock versus white makes such a huge difference in the feel of the card. I stamped the flowers using Hero Arts Pale Tomato, Altenew's Ruby Red, and PTI's Scarlet Jewel inks. I die cut the leaves using PTI's Limeade Ice cardstock, then stamped them with Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, and Ripe Avocado inks. I double heat embossed the "thinking of you" sentiment (from The Ton's Large Peony 2) using gold embossing powder, then arranged and adhered my flowers in the corner. As an afterthought, I decided to add some flourishes (coming next week in a mini release from The Ton, so stay tuned!) in Delicata Gold ink. A few gold sequins finished it off.

I hope you enjoyed this rather somber card! See you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment