Friday, November 20, 2015

All I Want For Christmas...

Well, it's not my two front teeth.

Don't shoot me, buuuuut.....

I can't stand the song "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey. I really, truly CANNOT STAND that song. I'm not entirely sure why.... maybe it has something to do with how needy she sounds? Maybe it's just because I really don't like Mariah Carey. (Though I have always had a begrudging respect for her ridiculous high range. I digress.) Anyway, yuck.

However, I love this sentiment from The Ton's Holiday Lyrics. The balance, the fonts... I just really like it. It's the kind of innocent-but-still-could-be-suggestive sentiment that I would want to put on a gift for my husband. And what better match than to pair it with a pair of those stunningly fabulous couture heels (that I would never be able to afford, much less wear) from Shoe Wardrobe. I have no experience with such high-fashion shoes, but my extensive knowledge of Sex and the City's wardrobe tells me that these are Louboutins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...


This card is so simple; it's kind of embarrassing. I started off with a white card base on which I heat embossed some Ruby Romance Wow! embossing powder using the Polka Dot cling background stamp. I then cut another panel of plain white card stock and black heat embossed the sentiment, then added the shoes in Pure Poppy ink from PTI. I matted the white panel on a piece of black card stock, because the red, white, and black color combo just fit with the overall theme of the card. 


That's it! It's really such a simple card. I love how simple it is; sometimes I feel like giving cards to guys is a waste of time, but then I feel guilty, especially when it comes to my hubby. So here's a nice handmade card tailored just for him, but didn't take me hours to finish. Win-win! 

I hope you enjoyed this extremely simple, somewhat cheeky card! It's so nice having a bit of a crafty break in my studio... I'm just in there playing and experimenting, which is so fun. Anyway, have a wonderful Friday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment