Monday, May 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop

PTI usually chooses inspiration photos for the blog hop from which I can easily find inspiration. This month's graphic, however, was much more angular, with a rainbow theme. It took me until this morning to come up with an idea, and luckily I can have a relatively loose interpretation of the inspiration. I chose to focus on two elements: the rainbow (though I made it more my own style by making it a softer, more pastel rainbow) and the images cascading down in a kind of ethereal manner.

To start, I used some Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, and Tumbled Glass to create a smooshed background. I added some tsukineko shimmer spray to the regular water to add a hint of sparkle to the background panel. While that was drying, I cut all of the flower dies from the Garden Gild set in a rainbow of dcwv glitz papers. (It was NOT fun poking all of the tiny die cut pieces out of all of the flowers! Ugh! Next time, I will use wax paper.) I heat embossed my sentiment from Garden Gild on a strip of vellum. After arranging my flowers in a cascade down the smooshed card front, I wrapped my vellum sentiment around the panel, then adhered it to the card base. With all of the lovely sparkle and shimmer, I only added a few sequins to balance out the design.

I'm really excited about this card, and I can't wait to cut more of those gorgeous flowers from glitter paper!!

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love it if you became a subscriber here and/or on Instagram. My name is eamidgett. :) Enjoy hopping, friends!

2 comments: