Sunday, May 17, 2015

Adventures in Watercoloring, vol. III

Today's installment in my adventures in watercoloring is one of my favorite color combinations: turquoise and pink. It was inspired by a Lilly Pulitzer pattern that I saw on Pinterest. I used Pretty Peonies from wplus9 to stamp my peony border with Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I then used my watercolor brushes to soften, blend, and shade these lovely flowers. To create the background, I wet the watercolor paper first with my brush, then added color to create a soft, kind of ethereal turquoise background. Some gold Wink of Stella in the center of the flowers, a gold foil Hugs die cut (from PTI), and a white heat embossed "sending" from the coordinating Big Hugs stamp set finished it off.

I hope you're enjoying these glimpses into my current obsession as much as I'm enjoying creating them. I just sent a big box of cards to work with my mom to thin the herd, so now I have excuses to make more! :)

If you like what you see, I'd love it if you became a follower and/or subscriber here and on Instagram (I'm eamidgett). I'm contemplating a giveaway once I reach 200 Instagram followers, so let me know what you'd like to see me give away!!

Have a fabulous day, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love your work! Are the water colors applied with marker or with a brush?

    ReplyDelete