Sign up to get inspiration sent to your email inbox!!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Adventures in Watercoloring, vol. III

Today's installment in my adventures in watercoloring is one of my favorite color combinations: turquoise and pink. It was inspired by a Lilly Pulitzer pattern that I saw on Pinterest. I used Pretty Peonies from wplus9 to stamp my peony border with Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I then used my watercolor brushes to soften, blend, and shade these lovely flowers. To create the background, I wet the watercolor paper first with my brush, then added color to create a soft, kind of ethereal turquoise background. Some gold Wink of Stella in the center of the flowers, a gold foil Hugs die cut (from PTI), and a white heat embossed "sending" from the coordinating Big Hugs stamp set finished it off.

I hope you're enjoying these glimpses into my current obsession as much as I'm enjoying creating them. I just sent a big box of cards to work with my mom to thin the herd, so now I have excuses to make more! :)

If you like what you see, I'd love it if you became a follower and/or subscriber here and on Instagram (I'm eamidgett). I'm contemplating a giveaway once I reach 200 Instagram followers, so let me know what you'd like to see me give away!!

Have a fabulous day, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love your work! Are the water colors applied with marker or with a brush?

    ReplyDelete