Sunday, May 24, 2015

Afraid of the ants...

So, we have gorgeous gorgeous peonies in our front yard. They are no thanks to me, since I have a black thumb and am very good at killing anything green. Luckily for me, they just seem to pop up every year, and I have to do no gardening maintenance. Those are my kind of flower.... It doesn't hurt one bit that they are stunning. I want so badly to bring some inside, but I am petrified of bringing the ants that make them open inside along with the flowers. This means, unfortunately, that I must admire them in my yard.

This reluctance to bring the fresh flowers in my house means that I need to get my peony fix from my stamps. What luck that The Ton's Fresh Cut Peonies lend themselves so well to being pink and being watercolored. This card uses various Distress Inks to achieve the watercolor look with some Strathmore watercolor paper. I then added a Thanks die cut from Impression Obsession cut from some gorgeous white pearl shimmer cardstock. A few rain stones from PTI, place it on a card base, and done!! Love it.

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately... I have gotten really into my watercoloring, and I haven't really made any full blown cards, but I have lots of partially finished panels ready to be placed on a card front and embellished with a sentiment! I also have been working on a couple of secret projects, one of which I will be able to show after next weekend. :)

Thanks for visiting, friends! I'd so appreciate it if you became a follower here and/or on Instagram. (I'm eamidgett.) Have a fabulous holiday tomorrow! Make good choices! ::)

3 comments: