Friday, May 1, 2015

More pink peonies

Oh, pink peonies. If I could redo our wedding, it would most certainly include pink peonies. Preferably with aqua bridesmaid dresses and lots of lace. But that's a different blog post.

The Fresh Cut Peonies stamp set from The Ton is such an incredibly gorgeous set... The flowers are so beautifully illustrated, and even if you mess up a layer, it's not the end of the world. I've always wanted to make a card with the lovely fussy cut edges with a contrasting panel behind, and these beautiful florals were just begging to be fussy cut. (Well, they are always begging to be fussy cut, because they don't have dies, but you get my drift.)

After creating a couple of masks out of post it paper, I stamped the flowers with w plus 9 Little Piggy dye ink, then PTI hibiscus burst, finally topped off with w plus 9 Sweet Gelato. Hero Arts Mint Julep, w plus 9's Ocean Drive, and PTI's Tropical Teal finished off the leaves. I fussy cut that along the edge, leaving about 3/4 inch away from the edge off the note card. I die cut the Hello from a new pti die that coordinates with the Noted set. I covered that die cut with clear gloss pico embellisher, then added a black glitter panel from dcwv behind it all.

I know it's been a week since my last blog post... My hubby bought me an elliptical (And I'm trying not to read too much into his readiness to buy that for me), and it's so tall that it had to go downstairs. Unfortunately, the only place it can go is my already-stuffed craft room, so I've been condensing, purging, and sort of organizing, and it's taken me waaaay longer than I wanted. Yuck!

Anyway, hopefully you enjoyed this card, and I'd love it if you subscribed and/or became a follower on Instagram! I'm eamidgett. :) have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Emily!! And your blog post is so funny :) Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting!!! I'm glad you like the card. I hope I do your gorgeous stamps justice, since I can't seem to put them down! :)

      Delete