Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rosie Posie, continued

So I was called in to substitute teach for a first grade class today, one with a student teacher. I was told that it would be very simple, as the student teacher would be doing 98% of the teaching. When I heard "first grade" I thought "Oh, that's not kindergarten, so I should be fine."

Ahem. That "easy" part was most definitely incorrect. First graders are just kindergarteners who can read.

First graders are DIFFICULT. Like, you have to always be smiley, you have to always tell them to do the same thing fifty times, there are some who have behavioral or learning issues... I don't know how every day teachers do it. I consider myself a pretty happy-go-lucky person, fairly patient, almost always with a smile.... but doing that ALL day.... sheesh. I've subbed twice this week, and I'm mentally exhausted. It makes me respect my abundance of teacher friends even MORE. You have to be a very special person to be able to do that day... after day.... after day... aft-.... well, you get the picture. 

Anyway, onto the real reason for today's post.

Pinterest is amazing. Like, amazing. I can't understand how I didn't know about it until last Christmas, when one of my friends told me about the amazing wonderfulness that is Pinterest. I love having all of my craft ideas, color combinations, home decor ideas.... everything... all in one spot. Papertrey Ink is one of my favorite things, obviously, and they just announced that THEY are on Pinterest too! :) They challenged their Design Team to take a photo that was amongst their "pins" and use it as inspiration for a project, which we were then to use as our own project inspiration.

I chose Dawn McVey's Pinterest inspiration... (I seem to be channeling into Dawn's creative frequencies this week.) Hers was the only one that really spoke to me out of all of the DT members. I have to warn you: this is NOT, I repeat, NOT one of my best works. I am not exactly proud of it. But I think it's still somewhat cute. It definitely fits the bill for today. I'm not sure if I'll send it to anyone (one of our friends is having a baby girl in June), but it's a nice thought.

Dawn's Pinterest photo:



I chose to focus on that cute little blue pillow with the hot pink roses on it. This was my response. (Again, it's definitely not my finest piece.)




I have been choosing a lot of hot pink these last few days... it's nice to work outside of my normal color palette. Plus, I think that Rosie Posie and Raspberry Fizz just go hand in hand. This one kinda reminds me of an adorable little denim jacket that I had when I was in high school.... dark denim with hot pink roses embroidered on it. It was so cute. I wish I knew where that was...


Thanks for stopping by!!! Have an fabulous Friday!

Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise noted)
Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz, Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado Stamper's Select White cardstock
Doily Details
Rosie Posie and dies
Inside and Out: Baby
Bitty Background Blocks
Fresh Snow, Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening inks
Rosebud Memento Dye ink
Olive CTMH ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Lacey Pennants
Jillibean Soup twine

No comments:

Post a Comment