Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Challenge #2

Hola, yet again! (Two posts in one day after 3 weeks of nothing.... I know, I'm annoying.)

This month is the 5th anniversary of my absolute favorite craft supply company, Papertrey Ink. I've only been obsessed with PTI since June of last year, and so have never experienced a PTI Anniversary. I'm told that the next 10 days will blow my mind with sneak peeks, contests, and giveaways.

For day 1 of the sneak peeks, the fabulous Nichole Heady had her entire fabulous design team choose their favorite fabulous project/s from 2011 and their top 5 favorite PTI products.  The DT consistently wows me, not just with the countdown posts, but also their more regular daily posts, using more than just PTI supplies. They are so inspiring, so intimidating, so amazing! They all have such different styles, but each and every project that they create is downright fantastic. They definitely challenge me to use my supplies in ways I'd never even dreamed.

The contest participants were to choose one of the DT member's projects as "inspiration" for our own project. The random winner wins everything that the DT mentioned as their favorite products! (Can you say Holy Lotta Goodies?!!?)

For my inspiration, I chose Erin Lincoln's addition to the "Top of 2011" projects:



I used another beautiful color combo from my Pinterest board: jade, sea glass, shell, and jet. I translated those colors into PTI's Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, and Smokey Shadow. This is what I came up with in response:




I know what you're thinking.... how in the world does that remotely resemble Erin's darling little card?? Well, I utilized the negative space from a die-cut (Spellbinders Nestablities Label) and placed ribbon behind it, while also placing felt die cuts (Simply Jane silhouette dies) over the top of the ribbon. I've never worked with negative space before, and I rather liked it! That technique needs to be filed in my "for further use" section of my brain!

(How do you like my darling little custom stamp that I got on Etsy? Isn't it just so cute?!)

I have to tell you.... I am absolutely IN LOVE with the images on Mat Stack 5. I'm not sure if any other stamp set in my possession holds a candle to my love of those background-building images. (Maybe Rosie Posie or Lace Bouquet or Doily Details, but it would definitely be a toss-up.) Apologies if you are getting sick of seeing them; I can't seem to help myself. Those little corners are just so beautiful.

Thanks ever so much for checking out my submission, and good luck to everyone entering the contest for all of those FABULOUS prizes!!! Now that I've used most of the day creating these cards and writing blog posts, I'm off to do some laundry and clean up after Milo and Barney. Sigh.

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted):

Mat Stacks 1,2, and 5
Background Basics: Polka Dots I
Inside and Out: Birthday
Simply Jane dies
Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Autumn Rose, Fresh Snow, and True Black Inks
Ocean Tides, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Aqua Mist felt
London Fog Memento Dye Ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities dies (Labels 10)
Spellbinders Ribbon Labels dies
Ranger Liquid Pearls in Petal Pink
Lace Ribbon from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment