Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Valentine for my Valentine


Today I have created my valentine for my loverboy.

It may have started as the PTI challenge for today (use hearts somewhere within your project), but it ended up being an adorable valentine for my own valentine.

I started out with PTI's "Love and Marriage" (every time I use this set, I hear Frank Sinatra singing the theme song to that show with Al Bundy, the shoe salesman), because, somehow, that set is the only set within my arsenal to contain hearts and other manner of valentine-y stuff.



When I started, I was just going to have the cute little scalloped square within the cute little red frame on a 5 x 5 inch square card. Then I realized that I wanted to put some ribbon on it (I know, not the most masculine of additions), and I thought.... a frame hanging from a wall might have a bow on the top of it, which in real life nobody would question, so why not make the card background look like wallpaper?

Well, my Background Basics skills tend to leave something to be desired, particularly on large backgrounds. I wanted to use my BB: Botanicals, which I think have a very wallpaper-y feel to them, but I know they would become wonky, and I didn't want my darling hubby to have a wonky Valentine's card.

Soooo... BB: Polka Dots came to the rescue.

I know, it doesn't look very wallpaper-y, but it's cute, and I think it kinda coordinates with the little dots around the edge of the heart with the cute silhouettes in it.

A little embellishment with some images from Mat Stack 5 (man, I love that set), a little Sakura Stardust pen, a mushy note inside... (I'll leave that particular aspect to your imagination ;) ) and voila! Valentine's card for hubs.

Now all I have to do is get the gift... I should really get on that, huh? At least I know I have dinner planned for V day: lasagna. I've never made it before, BUT hubs is confident that I will be just fine. It's just a bunch of layers... how hard could it be?

Thanks for dropping by!!! :)

Supplies: (all PTI unless otherwise noted)

Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, SS White cardstock
Love and Marriage
Mat Stack 5
BB: Polka Dots
Heart Prints dies
Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist ink
Lacey Squares Spellbinders Nestabilities
Tulip CTMH ink
Red/White ribbon from my stash
Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll Pen
Ranger Liquid Pearls: Opal

No comments:

Post a Comment