Saturday, February 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop- Entry 2

Welcome to PTI Blog Hop Post #2!

In the interest of time, this one will be short and sweet.

  Using another color combo from Pinterest (eggplant, peach, and putty, which I translated to Plum Pudding, Melon Berry, and Soft Stone), my Movers and Shakers: Poppers dies and my Beautiful Butterflies set to create this card:




The "You" from "Simply You" was stamped with my Glue Pad and then heat embossed with Zing! Metallic Purple embossing powder. I also tried to do a monochromatic effect with Fresh Snow ink, and it's much more visible in the photo above. I stamped the shadow of the butterflies with Smokey Shadow ink.




For some reason, the butterflies in the interior are coming out much more orange than they are in real life. I think it looks like the butterflies are fluttering right out of the card! :)

Thanks for fluttering by to check out my submission!

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted):
Soft Stone, Plum Pudding, Melon Berry cardstock
Movers and Shakers: Poppers dies
Beautiful Butterflies dies and stamps
Simply You stamps
Melon Berry felt
Smokey Shadow ink
Fresh Snow ink
Sorbet ink (CTMH)
Essential Glue Pad
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Zing! Metallic Purple Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love the white on white stamped butterfly background! And that purple-y embossed 'You' is just bee-you-tiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica!! That new Simply You set is fantastic. I only wish the text were a little bit larger.

    ReplyDelete