Thursday, February 11, 2016

More anemones....

Well, hello! The Papertrey Ink Anniversary is going on right now, and I normally try to play along with every challenge. This release is seriously on steroids... I love so many things, and it's going to be tough to choose come Monday evening.

This card fulfills two of the challenges: the Color Recipe Challenge and the Create Along with Us Challenge (which is technically just the Make It Monday). I chose to work with Kay Miller's color inspiration:


I've really got a thing for oranges and pinks lately, but there are so many beautiful color combinations that it was really tough to choose just one. 


I have been so inspired by Kay Miller's ink blended backgrounds that highlight the focal point and sentiment on her card fronts... I used that as the inspiration for the card layout (fulfilling the Create Along with Us challenge). And, as you probably have guessed, I have found a new floral obsession in the anemones from Bold Blossoms, and so wanted to use them (again) on my card for a little no-line coloring.

I started with a panel of Arches Cold Press watercolor paper. (let me just tell you, I LOVE that stuff. Expect a review on the different cold press watercolor papers I have been collecting hopefully soon.) I stamped the flowers in PTI's Soft Stone ink, then used various colors of Zigs markers that most-closely matched Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise, and Orange Zest. After they were dry, I fussy cut them and set them aside. My next step was to blend the Sweet Blush halo in the center of some Strathmore watercolor card stock. I die cut the black Hugs from the Big Hugs die set, and after arranging my flowers and die cut sentiment, stamped the coordinating "sending" from the stamp set in True Black. The final step was to add some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 


I hope you enjoyed this bright, cheerful card! This is another card that I'm adding to the pile of cards I've collected for the Lasting Hearts Card drive. We have some driving to do this weekend, and I'm planning on using that time to add a note on the inside of each of my cards... this is going to take a while!!

I hope you're enjoying the PTI Anniversary festivities as much as I am.... I've not got as much time to play as I used to, but I am really happy to be playing along when I can! Have a great day, friends! 


2 comments: