Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Watercolor techniques, take 2.


Hello, friends! I'm here today with a project that I created using one of my panels from the Watercolor for Cardmakers: Intermediate class from Online Card Classes. This lesson taught us how to make pretty cornflowers by manipulating our round brushes, and I have to say that it was much more challenging than it looked in the video. I am not much for practicing, and I have to say that I practiced this technique on TWO full sheets of 9x12 watercolor paper before I felt comfortable enough to create a card front with it. In the end, I still wasn't terribly pleased with my final project, but I liked it enough to make a card out of it. I adhered the panel onto my card base, then created some complementary flagged strips to cover up some of my less-than-lovely cornflowers. 

Now, let's talk for a second about the flags. The purple and black flags are just simple card stock, but the striped flag was created using the NEW foil tapes from The Ton! I started by simply taping a full size A2 panel of card stock to my grid mat, then placing my foil horizontally every 1/2 inch. After I determined what I wanted to do with my striped card stock, I simply trimmed it down, and I still have another piece of foil-striped card stock to use on another card!! These foils come in so many lovely colors. I can't wait to play with them some more! (There are also glitter tapes that I can't wait to play with! So many goodies, so little time. Click HERE to check them out!) 

The final touch on this card was to add a greeting, a die from Simon Says Stamp cut in black and adhered onto an Avery Elle Sweet Scallops die.

This card is going to be entered into the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge, #158. I just recently discovered this blog, and I hope it challenges me to get out of my typical comfort zone! Can't wait to see everyone else's creations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment