Sunday, February 14, 2016

PTI Anniversary Fun!

Hello all! Super quick post tonight, as it's past my bedtime... thank you little stinkers who won't sleep in anymore!!

My first card fulfills two of the challenges for the PTI Anniversary fun: Saturday Snail Mail and the Fortune Teller challenge. My colors for the Fortune Teller challenge were definitely out of my comfort zone: Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, and Berry Sorbet. I decided that, since they were all in the same color family, I would use them to make a pretty plaid with the Plaid Builder set. I sponged some Canyon Clay ink around the edges of the plaid panel. Some pretty florals from Brushed Blooms (LOVE that set!) were stamped in all three colors, with the addition of the Simply Chartreuse leaves. The Saturday Snail Mail challenge (to be sent to the warehouse staff at PTI) was completed with the addition of the "thanks" from Wet Paint series. I love the bold black sentiment... it really stands out so nicely.

My next card was definitely more of a challenge, and to be honest it's not my favorite card I've created. To participate in the "Papercrafting Alphabet" challenge, I chose to use my name as the basis for my choices: E-emboss resist, M-mix 2 stamp sets, I-impression plate, L-lean sentiment, Y-incorporate yellow. The leaning sentiment really threw me; I'm just not good at angles. I like my 90* angles haha. Anyway, I used the Woodgrain Impression Plate on Lemon Tart card stock for the background, then sliced a 3/4 inch diagonal section from the lower half. I used this as a guide for placement of my sentiment (from Pedal Pushers), which I heat embossed onto a white card base. I then used both Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz inks to blend over the top of the embossing. I was so inspired by the beautiful flowers in this year's Anniversary set that I wanted to pull out my Beautiful Brushstrokes kid. My flowers were stamped in Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, and Raspberry Fizz, the leaves in Mint Julep, and the little yellow flowers in Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise. A few sequins finished it off. Upon closer review, I think I would like to add some ink blending around the edges of the card... would nicely highlight the dry embossing on the yellow panel. 


I hope you enjoyed these cards! I'm definitely going to be mourning the end of the Anniversary countdown come Tuesday morning, but I am excited to finally be able to order the new goodies over which I've been salivating all week!!! 

1 comment: