Sunday, September 4, 2016

An exciting announcement!

Hi there, friends! I'm here today on this gorgeous Sunday to announce something really exciting...

I was invited to join the incredibly fabulous artists on the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge Blog, a blog celebrating all things Concord and 9th! I was so honored and thrilled when I got the email from Jess inviting me on the team... I still pinch myself when I think of the talented company I'm keeping! 

In honor of those uber talented crafters, I created this card with this cheeky, yet oh-so-appropriate sentiment:

\\

I started with a panel of A2 watercolor paper and heat embossed the circular floral image from You're My Person using white pearl embossing powder. I then watercolored them with a non-traditional color scheme of pink, peach, blush, and a few different shades of gray. I then used my T-ruler to draw stripes with my pencil, which I then watercolored with my Warm Gray Zig marker. I simply ran my marker along the edge of each pencil line, then pulled the color down with a wet paintbrush. (You could also do this much more quickly with the Stripe Builder background stamp.) I die cut a stitched circle from the center, and then went to work on my sentiment. 


For my greeting, I stamped the fantastic "small gang" sentiment (also from You're My Person) using Smokey Shadow ink from PTI onto Soft Stone card stock, also from PTI, to tie into all of the shades of gray that were in the floral background. After fussy cutting each strip and arranging them the way I wanted over the popped-up circular frame, I wanted to bring some of the florals forward, so I used the same method and colors for some of the similar flowers from the Wildflower stamp set (LOVE that this set coordinates with the florals from You're My Person) and fussy cut them out. The last step was to add some lovely peach sequins to create a visual cascade down the front of my card.

I hope you enjoyed my project! I am so utterly thrilled to be joining this team, and I look so forward to the incredibly fun challenges that Jess has planned! And now, just because this blog is going to be so awesome, Concord and 9th has given a $25 gift certificate to their store to one lucky commenter! Be sure to comment on all of the designer introductions on the challenge blog to get maximum chances to win! 

4 comments: