Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A sparkly shaker heals all...

Hello friends! I'm back again today with a festive shaker holiday card. As some of you might know, we're trying to sell our house so that we can move closer to my husband's work and just make life easier in general. We had some people who we thought were going to be the ones who would make our dreams a reality, but it didn't end up working out. I was more than a little devastated and very sad when we found this out, and so to put myself in a better mood, I pulled out some sparkles and some new supplies and made myself a sparkly Christmas shaker card using some newer Hero Arts stamps and dies. 

To start, I heat embossed the Hero Arts Hand Drawn Snowflake Background onto some white card stock using silver embossing powder. I then used a variety of gray-blues from the Hero Arts ink spectrum to blend an ombre on the panel, starting with the darkest blue and ending with the lightest. This would serve as the backdrop for my shaker card.  


I then stamped the Color Layering Cardinal onto some white card stock using HA Pale Tomato, PTI Pure Poppy, and PTI Scarlet Jewel inks. I fussy cut him out and then created a pine branch for him to sit on using Smokey Shadow ink from PTI for the branch itself and Tropical Teal ink (also from PTI) for the pine needles and fussy cut it out, too. Next was the serene forest. I purchased the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit a few months ago with the fairies and fantastic woodland dies, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I thought a wintry forest scene would be the perfect backdrop for my cardinal, so I die cut it out using some silver glitz paper from my stash. (The particular die that I used is in the exclusive My Monthly Hero kit, and so not available for purchase, but this die is similar.)   


The greeting was one of the uber-useful stamp-n-cut sets that Hero Arts has been releasing.... this "merry" set is from last year, I believe, but I still love it. I die cut the merry from red foil card stock from my stash, then heat embossed the "have yourself a" and "little Christmas" on navy card stock using white embossing powder. After all of the die cutting and stamping had been completed, it was time to fill my shaker. I used some Nautical Navy sequins from Lucy Abrams, as well as some snowflakes that I cannot for the life of me remember where I purchased them. Sorry! If you have a small snowflake die or punch, they can easily be replicated. I am going to have to take my own advice, because my stash is running low... Hmm.... 

Well, that's all for me today! I hope you liked this festive, yet somewhat serene card. The sparkles definitely cheered me up, and really, who doesn't love a shaker card? Hope you're all having a fantastic week, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment