Friday, September 2, 2016

Have a Beautiful Day!

 
 
Hello, friends! TGIF, am I right?! 
 
Today I have a pretty simple little project for you. Just some heat embossing, some water coloring, and a die cut or two. 
 
 
I'm sure you've noticed by now that this incredible cake image is eeeeeeverywhere. It's stunning. AND it's super fun to color, which is a mega bonus for me, as I can't seem to make a card without doing some sort of watercolor on it these days. The details: I started with an A2 sized panel of Canson Montval card stock and used the Avery Elle Scalloped Frames dies to create a focal point. I then heat embossed that beautiful cake image using silver Pearl embossing powder and colored it with my Zigs. (I used my Distress Inks last time and wanted to try my Zigs out this time. Really loving both looks!)   
After coloring that pretty cake with some charming coral-y shades, I used a stray "beautiful" die cut from the C9 Beautiful You die set and the coordinating stamp set to create my greeting. The finishing touch was to add some Glossy Accents to the silver shimmer die cut. 
Simple, but pretty! Not to mention, totally easy to mail, because there's no bulk!    Hope you all had a great week and will have an even more fantastic weekend! Thanks for visiting, friends! 

6 comments:

  1. SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I adore that scalloped frame:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura Jane! I can't believe this is the first time I've used that frame... I love it, too!!

      Delete
  2. you are so talented. I am so glad I found your blog. Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your card! Thank you for sharing your creative genius!

    ReplyDelete