Friday, July 15, 2016

PTI- Create Along With Us!

Hi, friends! I'm back again today, this time with a project for PTI's "Create Along With Us" challenge. I was so inspired by Erin's ice cream card (can't WAIT to get that "sweet" little set! hahahaha.... I know, the puns are terrible around here.) that I had to recreate it myself with one of the only dessert-ish PTI sets that I already have, and definitely a favorite set of mine: Baker's Dozen. 

Here's Erin's card:


And here's my rendition:



I loved the pastel dessert-ish tones of Erin's project, plus it gave me an excuse to use (ahem, for the first time) the Scroll Frame die. It's so gorgeous, but I've been having difficulty coming up with an idea for it. I started by die cutting the frame from Aqua Mist and the center from some aqua glitter paper in my stash. I taped the interior and exterior pieces together on the back, then glued the glitter frame on top. (Since I wanted to pop the frame up, I didn't want the hassle of trying to perfectly nestle the somewhat flimsy glitter paper.) I die cut the cupcake from Baker's Dozen onto watercolor card stock, heat embossed it and colored it with Zigs. My next step was to die cut and stamp the scroll banner from Paper Clippings Birthday. I always forget how subtle the silver pearl embossing powder is, and next time I will use either silver or white. I used my new Clarity Stencil Brushes to add some Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet ink to the banner to make it pop. The cake stand was cut from Berry Sorbet. The background on the card is super fun; I brushed the edges of the Pale Peony card base with Pale Peony ink using my brushes, then stamped the banners from the Hooray stamp set using both Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet inks. I love the subtle tone-on-tone effect.

There you have it! I have been feeling so inspired to create with this 30 Day Coloring Challenge on Instagram, and I'm so glad it spilled over into non-challenge projects! Have a fantastic weekend, friends! :)

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous! Love this sweet take on Erin's card. Perfectly fun!

    ReplyDelete