Monday, July 25, 2016

PTI July 2016 Blog Hop!

Hi, friends! Back again, this time to share my project for the PTI Blog Hop for July! 

Here was the inspiration photo:

Blog Hop Inspiration

The Quatrefoil Cover Plate was one of my favorite products from PTI from when I first laid eyes on it. In fact, if I remember correctly, I think it was the reason I "had" to buy my first die cutting machine. I love that pattern. The quatrefoil and the coral flowers were, for me, the most inspiring aspects of the photo, so those were what I chose to focus upon. 


I used one of my favorite new techniques: blending over a cover plate die cut as a "stencil." I die cut the Quatrefoil CP using Post It paper, then blended Stormy Seas ink over top with my Clarity Stencil Brushes. Next, I stamped the flowers using the Nostalgic Notions MIM kit in shades of Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet, with the little daisies in Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening, and the leaves in Aqua Mist. I also die cut a few little pieces of foliage from vellum and tucked those in there. 


The final step was the sentiment, from Graceful Greetings II. I die cut it from white card stock, then stamped the greeting in Blueberry Sky. A few Nautical sequins from Lucy Abrams finished it off. 

This card went to a special person. My uncle, who was my recently-passed grandmother's caretaker,is living in a nursing home because he suffers from ALS. We were supposed to go visit him last week with my kiddos, but when my bubby got sick, that kinda ruined those plans. So when my mom came to visit this weekend, I made some zucchini bread and sent a loaf with her, with this card having been "signed" by my kiddos. Hopefully, he will enjoy them both!

Now, I'm off to hop along with the rest of the submissions. Can't wait to see what this stunning inspiration photo inspires my other crafty PTI fanatics to create! Have a fabulous week!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful, Emily! I'm sure your uncle loved it -- along with the zucchini bread! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete