Friday, July 15, 2016

White on White

Well helloooo! What, two posts in one week?! Yes, I've been busy. And I have a good reason. The Daily Marker 30 Day challenge is going on this month, so I've been playing with my stamps and my wonderful Zig markers.



Today, I have a card with lots of white space, more white space than I normally allow myself. I am coming to find out that I love white.... there's something so fresh and clean about a coat of white paint on trim work or a door or, in this case, a card. The house we are hoping to purchase has lots of dark wood trim that is original to the (rather old) house and, while I understand that it's provenance means I shouldn't touch it with a paint brush, my white-trim-loving-heart is crying out for my hubby to sand and paint it a nice bright, shiny white. C'est la vie.

Anyway, these blooms from Winnie and Walter's Anna's Florals (I got mine from Butterfly Reflections Ink)  are so gorgeous, and I've only used them a couple of times, so I thought this would be a good excuse to get them out and just play. I chose a few flowers and leaves and heat embossed them with The Ton's Rose Gold Embossing Powder onto some Arches Cold Press paper.  


After embossing the blooms and leaves, I chose my colors. I love these "fiesta" colors: oranges and pinks. They're so happy and playful. I thought they paired quite well with the Rose Gold EP... but what doesn't, right? Anyway, I colored them all with my trusty Zigs and wet paintbrush, then cut them out. This Thanks die was one that you saw me use the other day on my tulip card, and I used the same technique on this project: one layer of white card stock and one layer of coaster board. The combination creates just enough dimension that it is quite visible on a white card base. 


After adhering my floral spray and my greeting, I simply added a few varied sequins from my (copious) stash in complementary colors. The final touch was to use my Spectrum Noir glitter pen on the Thanks die cut to make it pop even more. 

Not much is quite as nice as a clean, bright white card with a little pop of bright flowers. I hope you're enjoying The Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge for this month! I know I absolutely am loving it. If you want to follow my coloring hijinx on Instagram, my name is @eamidgett. Have a fabulous day, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment