Thursday, May 19, 2016

Monogram stationery is my bread and butter....

So, backstory. My card making journey started the summer I got married (seven years ago next month. GASP!) I was a young, picky bride who wanted something very specific for my thank you notes. For the life of me, I can't remember what they looked like, except that I bought practically my weight in stamps and shades of blue ink from Hobby Lobby. But monogram stationery was where my love of papercrafting began. Creating something unique and beautiful that had every bride's favorite new thing... her new monogram... just made me so happy. And now you know where the obsession began...

Since then, whenever friends of ours have gotten married, I have taken it upon myself to gift them some handmade monogram stationery. A few of my friends received some of my first attempts, and boy, let me tell ya, were they aaaaawwwfffuuuullllll..... Oh my. Words can't describe. But my friends loved them anyway, bless their sweet hearts. At least they made me feel as though my sad attempts were so appreciated. Love them. One of our last friends to get married got married a few weeks ago, and we weren't able to attend the wedding, so I knew I wanted to make them some lovely stationery to go along with their gift. Using my handy dandy MISTI, I was able to make six of these multi layered cards in just one naptime and one evening of stamping. Love it!


I started by creating a template to use with my MISTI. I stamped my flowers from Wplus9's Freehand Florals using just a regular acrylic block (to save time since it didn't need to be perfect) and then used that as my guide in my MISTI to create an assembly line of floral wreaths. I used a variety of inks, and to be honest I can't really tell you what inks I used, but they sure are pretty! 


The next step was to add that fabulous monogram. I used Concord and 9th's Sophisticated Script (the lower case version, and they now have a version of that gorgeous calligraphy in all capitals!!! Squeal!) and Delicata Gold ink. 


After gluing all of the panels to white linen card bases, I created a box using some patterned Anna Griffin paper from a 12x12 stack I found at Hobby Lobby. I put the pattern on the inside and made a coordinating belly band. I matched some mint green envelopes to them and snuggled everything inside the box. It fits perfectly. 


I hope the bride and groom love their stationery with their monogram on it! I am in love with this card set! Puts me in mind of Rifle Paper Co. Made such quick work of it with my MISTI. That thing is worth it's weight in gold!

Thanks for dropping by! 

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set! A beautiful gift! I have this set also, and the script set. I recently got the uppercase version also and it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete