Sunday, May 15, 2016

Life is better with sprinkles...

Hello! Wow, has it been a long time since I posted on here... I didn't realize it had been almost a month. I didn't mean to neglect my poor blog for so long. You would think that making the card would be the lengthy portion of the blogging process, but for me it's the photography, editing, watermarking, then actually WRITING the blog post that takes the most time. I've been crafting in spurts, between my jewelry making (www.vjosephine.etsy.com) and, as always, entertaining the kiddos, but I just haven't had a ton of time to actually sit down and write about the projects I've been making.

My mom is a peach and takes a box of my cards with her to work every now and then, and as I was filling up a box for her to take on her last visit, I realized that I have lots of neat cards that have unusual sentiments, and not a lot of basic "occasion" cards, like birthday, anniversary, baby, etc. So my plan is to create multiples of those and hopefully fill that box right up!

Today's quartet is using a fairly new Papertrey Ink set: Just Desserts and the accompanying mini Just Desserts Sentiments. I really love the clean and simple looks that you can get with these fabulous cake stamps. Let's get started! This first card is a cake over which I would certainly drool were I to run across it... chocolate cake with pink frosting. Cake is always amazing, but chocolate cake.... mmmm.... With some yummy marshmallow buttercream... I'm making myself hungry. I stamped the naked cake in Dark Chocolate PTI ink, then the frosting in the new Lovely Lady (love that pretty pink!). I stamped the pretty flowers and candles in Raspberry Fizz and Limeade Ice. The simple but lovely sentiment was done in Smokey Shadow. The whole panel was popped up using dimensional adhesive. Super clean, super simple, super crisp, but I am really loving that right now. 


 The next card is a pink version of those lovely sprinkles cakes you see all over Pinterest. I stamped the three layers using Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, and Raspberry Fizz. Such a pretty combo! The sentiment from the mini companion set was stamped in Smokey Shadow. A nice alternative to a stark black sentiment. 

The next two cards are the masculine counterparts to the supremely feminine versions above. I used Limeade Ice, Enchanted Evening, and Tropical Teal for this sprinkle cake....


and Tropical Teal for this cake's frosting. The cake itself was done with The Ton's Vanilla Buttercream and PTI's Classic Kraft inks, using a makeup sponge to add the shadows around the edge. I love the super classy font used for this Happy Birthday sentiment. 


The last finishing touch to all of the cakes was to add some gold Wink of Stella to the fire of the candles. Just enough shimmer to add a little something "extra" to the cards. 



Here they are all together. Thank goodness I don't have that much real cake in my life, because I would certainly eat it all and need to go shopping for new clothes ASAP... 

Thanks so much for dropping by after my unintentional hiatus! I promise I have a few more posts up my sleeve. If you don't already, follow along with my crafty adventures on Instagram. I'm @eamidgett. Happy Monday, friends!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful set! You are tempting me to buy this set!

    ReplyDelete