Friday, May 27, 2016

Inky Fingers

Hi, friends! I have another card set for you, this time using a one die cut and some ink blending. I have marveled previously at the way color choices make such a huge difference in the tone of the card, and these cards show exactly that! I love color. I dream about color combinations. When I come up with a new, unexpected (at least in my repertoire) way of adding color to my projects, it makes me so darn happy.... it's a little embarrassing. These cards add color in a few different ways.

To start, all three of my cards began with two simple things: a white card base and a white die cut sentiment (from PTI's Paper Clippings series) These sentiments are so very detailed that you don't have to add hardly anything to them. My first card is an homage to pink and purple. I used PTI's Raspberry Fizz and Hibiscus Burst inks to blend a sort of ombre halo. I started by blending the lighter shade (Hibiscus Burst) all over the card, then concentrating the darker shade (Raspberry Fizz) towards the outer edges. After that, it was simply a matter of adding some Copic coloring to the die cuts. Easy peasy.


The second card is what I call my "sunrise" color combination. I blended PTI's Summer Sunrise all over the card base, then added Orange Zest around the outer edges, leaving the halo of paler color in the center. I added oranges and Limeade Ice greens in Copics to the flowers and birds. 


The last card is a favorite color combination of mine. I love deep, rich fuchsia, and I think the combination of Raspberry Fizz and Amethyst Allure (both from PTI) creates a gorgeous shade that is really quite unique. 


The last little touch was to add some clear Wink of Stella shimmer to the flowers and birds. 


I love that you can take some white card stock and, by using your color judiciously, create so much interest. Definitely worth all of the ink all over my fingers! (I hate being covered in ink... but sometimes you gotta take one for the team, ha!)

Have a great day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment