Sunday, October 4, 2015

World Cardmaking Day!

So, yesterday, I wasn't really able to get into my craft room to play along with World Cardmaking Day. (I will make an effort to work on some of the challenges this week though, if I can find time in between prepping for my kiddos' birthday that is in... gasp... THREE WEEKS. Yikes!)

I was able, however, to get in my craft room last night to make this super quick, super flat, super cute Christmas card! I was inspired by the mood board that was posted on the BRI blog yesterday. Granted, my card is a very (very) loose interpretation of the mood board, but the silver, purples, and the lacy images really spoke to me! Since Halloween isn't really my thing, I decided to turn my interest into a Christmas card!



I took a panel of hot press card stock and heat embossed in silver this beautiful Hand Drawn Snowflake background stamp from Hero Arts. Next, I used Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, and Concord Grape to blend an Aurora Borealis-esque background with my blending tool. I die cut a silver glitter deer and adhered him to the panel, then heat embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts's Holiday Petals and Leaves on a strip of vellum. I adhered it to a bright blue card base and added a few sequins to finish it off. 


I hope you enjoyed this card! To celebrate WCMD, Butterfly Reflections Ink is having a sale! 15% off your entire order! Use code WCMD2015 at checkout. Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment