Sunday, August 30, 2015

SAF 2015: Mix and Match

This challenge was a little tricky for me, I will admit. I don't often use patterned paper, and mixing multiple patterns is a technique that doesn't really float my boat. But, this event is all about challenging yourself, right?

My friend allowed me to steal a piece of each of the patterned papers included in the SAF kit. (I gotta say, there are some absolutely stunning papers in that set. Wowza!) I liked the Orange/pink papers the best, and so decided to utilize the "white space" concept Betsy discussed in the video. I dug out my under-used Banner Basics dies and die cut a few banners from each of the three papers, then die cut the little accent pieces from Canyon Clay, a color I don't use nearly as often as I should, especially paired with Autumn Rose! Gorgeous! I used for the first time my Swoosh set for the greeting, stamping it in Canyon Clay, then adding the little heart accent in Autumn Rose. I added Glossy Accents to the canyon clay accents on the banners and on the little heart just to change up the texture. A card that is very, very different than my norm, but I think it was the one I was most proud of!

Blog post 3/6 complete! Brb!

No comments:

Post a Comment