Saturday, August 22, 2015

Simple Saturday (I bet you thought I forgot about it!!)

I know, I know, it's been awhile. First my brother-in-law got married, then we were dealing with sick kiddos, and last week I do admit that I just forgot... but Simple Saturday is back!

Today's card features my first loves: flowers and just good old-fashioned stamping. When Vintage Florals from PTI was released a couple of months ago, I went in search of some vintage linens inspiration on Pinterest. I found some absolutely gorgeous examples of vintage hankies, aprons, tablecloths, etc, but this one really spoke to me:

I absolutely love the combination of flowers and checks/plaid, so this image really grabbed my attention. I tried to link back to it, but it was apparently a listing on eBay that is no longer available. Here was my version:



I used PTI's Plaid Builder set to create the checked background from Blueberry Sky ink. The stripe was a little wider than I had initially intended, but I do like the end result. I die cut that lovely scalloped rectangle from the Nostalgic Notions kit, stamped my greeting in Enchanted Evening, and did a little bit of ink blending with my Blueberry Sky ink and a Tim Holtz mini ink blender. The flowers are from Vintage Linens, and they were stamped on PTI's linen card stock in Pure Poppy, with the centers stamped in Delicata Gold ink. The leaves were PTI's Tropical Teal and Pinefeather inks.



I glued the scalloped rectangle flush to the card base, then added the flowers popped up with some dimensional foam tape. Looking at it now, I will probably go back in and add some Glossy Accents to the centers of the flowers or the sentiment, just because it looks a little flat. Needs some shine.



Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed Simple Saturday after my month-long hiatus. :) Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment