Sunday, August 30, 2015

SAF 2015: Mix and Match, volume II

This brings me to my least favorite card of the day. We were challenged to use a color scheme that is out of our normal comfort zone. I thrive on bright, bold, cool colors or soft, pretty pastels. Primary colors are just not my thing. So, I challenged myself to use red and yellow.

The red and yellow screamed 1940's to me, so I pulled out my Nostalgic Notions kit and got to work. I stamped that pretty scalloped border in Pure Poppy on Fresh Snow Linen card stock, then fussy cut it out. (Please excuse my particularly awful fussy cutting.... It's so, so bad.) I added some flowers in Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy, and Hero Arts Fresh Tomato, as well as some leaves in New Leaf. The greeting was stamped in Enchanted Evening. The white panel was popped up using some fun foam, and I popped up the red flowers, as well. Lots of dimension on this one!

Given that this was a color combo to which I'm not normally drawn, I'm not surprised that I'm just not thrilled with the card... Maybe if I changed it to aqua and pink haha!

Blog post 4/6 complete! Back in a flash! :)

3 comments: