Thursday, August 6, 2015

Officially obsessed.

The title says it all. This peony stamp is seriously so gorgeous.

My first card with this cling stamp from The Ton was trimmed down quite a bit, because I couldn't get the solid peonies to stamp well on the watercolor paper due to the texture on the paper. (It's Strathmore 140 lb cold press watercolor paper.) I have some hot press paper on order from Amazon, but until that arrives tomorrow, I decided to play around with some fussy cutting to attempt to get smoother solid peonies. I gold heat embossed the majority of the stamp on some of the same watercolor card stock. I watercolored the lined portion of the image with my Zig pens and fussy cut it out. In order to avoid the mottled, uneven appearance heat embossing on such textured cardstock takes, I embossed the image again in the same princess gold embossing powder on (smooth) pale pink cardstock. I glued the fussy cut piece on top of the pink panel and added a sentiment from PTI's County Fair. Some Fairy Pink sequins from The Ton finished it off.

I'm not sure if this paper pieced card achieved the goal I had in mind, but I think I like it anyway! We will have to see how the hot press paper does.  I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. It's an amazing stamp and I have loved all your cards using it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruby!! I'm glad you have enjoyed them since I can't seem to stop coloring those gorgeous peonies!

      Delete