Monday, June 13, 2016

The Ton Summer Release- Day 1

Inline image 1


Hellloooooo! Welcome to Day 1 of The Ton Stamps's Summer Release. We are showcasing some stunning new floral stamps today: Wild Cherry Blossoms, Always Cherry Blossoms, Cherry Blossom Garden Background, Graceful Rose, and Lucky Tulip. I have three cards to show you today, so let's get started with some flowery goodness! 

My first card is quite traditional in it's color scheme and composition. I simply heat embossed my Cherry Blossom Garden Background stamp onto a piece of watercolor card stock using gold embossing powder. (Tip: when heat embossing large solid images onto watercolor paper, such as the solid flowers in this background, it is handy to have a Versamark pen. If your images do not emboss perfectly on the textured paper, you can simply go over them with your Versamark pen, add more EP, et voila!) I colored the pretty flowers using a very pale, peach-y pink Zig marker, adding in a lovely contrasting turquoise background. After giving sufficient time to dry, I die cut the panel with the largest of the Stitched Rectangles die set. The warm gold embossing lent itself very well to some of the new Copper foil in The Ton's Gilding section, so I die cut the "fabulous" die from it and some regular card stock and glued them all together to make a dimensional die cut. The "have a" and "birthday" were stamped in Aspen Cocoa ink and fussy cut. Some Peach Whisper sequins finished it off. 


My next card goes in completely the opposite direction. Deep purple blooms are juxtaposed with pale gray leaves and darker gray branches. I began by heat embossing the branches from Always Cherry Blossoms in a cascade down one side of a panel of watercolor paper using silver embossing powder. I colored the image using my Zig markers and a wet paintbrush. A strip of purple foil along the opposite edge of the florals was the only embellishment needed for this card. Love how this one turned out! 


My final card for today uses the absolutely stunning bloom from Lucky Tulip. If I'm honest, this might be one of my new favorite images to color. Its petals are large enough that you can really add quite a bit of depth to the shading. Someone with Copic skills that exceed my own would really be able to recreate some of those neat dotted tulips. Alas, my skills are nowhere near sufficient. Anyway, back to my project. I simply heat embossed the gorgeous bloom onto a sheet of watercolor card stock, then colored it with my deepest pink Zig marker, but also using a fuchsia-y purple color to add even more depth and shadows, while also using a wet paintbrush to really get a nice blend of colors. I fussy cut the entire image. I used some of the new matte gold foil papers to die cut the Geometric Lattice cover plate. Let me tell you, that stuff cut like butter on this fairly intricate die. Plus, it's super thin, so when you lay it on the paper, it lays practically completely flush with the card stock. I popped up the tulip on the background, then added the sentiment (also from Lucky Tulip) that I'd heat embossed in that same warm gold onto a strip of black card stock. A few sequins (Glass Slippers, Queens Pink) were the final finishing touch.  


I hope you all have enjoyed these projects. This release is going to be fabulous! So many fun new goodies coming out! Now, Effie has generously given each Design Team member a $10 gift code to give away on each personal blog, as well as three $15 gift codes for comments left on The Ton's blog! All you have to do is comment on each blog to be eligible to win. Comment once per day on each blog for maximum chances to win!! The comments will close on Friday, June 19 at 11:59 pm EST. Let us know what you think of the sets being released! We love to hear your feedback!

Have fun looking at all of the rest of the Design Team's projects. Some serious eye candy for you... :) See you back here tomorrow with more goodies! 


71 comments:

  1. Emily, your cards always pop right out of my computer! I would love to see a video of how you create such vivid colors and wonderful shading. I love your blush flowers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used amazing color combinations. Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards - love the bold colors. The purple & grey one is my favorite since purple is my favorite color ... and you just don't see this color combo enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are beautiful! My favorite is the purple cherry blossoms! Fun and unique and really pretty too!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a stunning array of beauty here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful work! love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful work! love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So vibrant. Love all your cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! absolutely stunning. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful cards. Love the purple cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Gorgeous and elegant cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cannot to get some of these stamps love your cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cannot to get some of these stamps love your cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eunji's peony is SO LOVELY on the lattice background. Beautiful cards today Emily:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gold embossing on your cards is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning cards. Thank you for such wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Swoon...Effie must be over the moon about your card samples because your showing her stamps off to there very best advantage. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did fantastic job all of your cards. I think you have more than sufficient skills and am envious of your talents. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning!
    I am in love with the Cherry Blossoms set.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of your cards are stunning, I love the purple and silver grey together its so elegant! My favourite is the lucky tulip, it is such a beautiful flower and you coloured it to perfection, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH WOW!!!! Your cards are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These stamp sets are awesome and the colours you've used are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These stamp sets are awesome and the colours you've used are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all so pretty! I love the metallic embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What fabulous purple cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Each card is so different, but each is equally gorgeous. I'm thrilled about this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Each card is so different, but each is equally gorgeous. I'm thrilled about this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cards are so gorgeous!! Love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such stunning cards - you've showed the new stamps off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous floral cards. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the Lucky Tulip stamp. Very pretty cads.

    ReplyDelete
  33. They are all beautiful. Purple is one of my favorite colors.....just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cards. I especially love the pink and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful cards. I especially love the pink and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards with gorgeous color combos and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing cards! Love your beautiful coloring of these exquisite designs!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These flowers are gorgeous in every color, but especially the gold and the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness they are just stunning! Your tulip card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous cards!! Really love the purple and silver card!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh MY GOODNESS - such beautiful cards, so pretty and full of wonderful and vibrant colors!! Awesomely done!! These stamps are so lovely - The TON knows what they are doing!! SO excited for this release!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your purple
    card, lovely flowers!
    Great coloring on
    all of them.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful cards!! Love the second card!! The silver embossing and the purple look lovely together!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  44. Perfection. The cards are all beautiful. Love the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Perfection. The cards are all beautiful. Love the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  46. So much gold on the first card! I love it! These are all beautiful cards! Loving the Ton right now! I need to buy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The gold is stunning on both cards!' Love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  48. The gold is stunning on that first one... I love all three cards!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the rose & tulip stamp sets! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I LOVE the purple and silver card!!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cherry blossom stamps need to come live at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow, these are beautiful cards! The colors are awesome! I agree with you, that tulip stamp is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such pretty cards! That tulip is my favorite card and stamp. The cherry blossoms are right behind.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Such pretty cards! That tulip is my favorite card and stamp. The cherry blossoms are right behind.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The tulip card is a favorite! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  56. The tulip card is a favorite! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  57. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING cards!!!
    LOVE the BEAUTIFUL flowers, LOVE your GLORIOUS embossing, DELIGHTFUL colours and designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. All 3 cards were absolutely stunning! I simply cannot choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete