Thursday, August 20, 2015

Peony Shaker.

I promise, one day I will move on from my peony obsession. Today is not that day...

Today's installment in my peony obsession uses the result of my watercolor card stock comparison experiment. To start, I treated my Strathmore Hot Press watercolor card stock with my ek success powder tool, then heat embossed The Ton's peony cling background with Princess Gold embossing powder. I watercolored those glorious peonies with various shades of purple Zig markers, and added the background color with Sugared Almond Pink. I die cut the watercolored panel and clear cardstock panel using my Spellbinders matting basics dies, and I then used two of the dies to create a frame made from Bazzill card stock. The sequins and seed beads inside are from a variety of sources, including The Ton, Pretty Pink Posh, and Hobby Lobby. I die cut Wplus9's "thank you" from Papertrey Ink's Royal Velvet card stock and adhered it to the front.

I hope you enjoyed this card! I feel like it's been a while since I made a shaker card, and I haven't made a peony shaker in a long time, so now I've got that out of my system. I hopefully will be able to move on to the other gazillion stamp sets that I own. Back again soon!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!!! Saw it on the Ton's FB page. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, what a beautiful card. I rarely work is such bright colours, but this is really stunning! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete