Sign up to get inspiration sent to your email inbox!!

Friday, August 5, 2016

A hodgepodge in pink and orange...

Hello, friends! I'm here with you today to share a card made with watercolor pieces from my participation in #thedailymarker30day challenge, which is now (sadly) finished. I watercolored a bunch of the blooms from Honey Bee Stamps's Country Blooms stamp set in my favorite "fiesta" color pallette and created a fun little card! 


To start, I heat embossed most (if not all, I can't remember) of the bouquets and blooms from the Country Blooms set. I just really love sets that have the bouquets already created for you, so you can just stamp and go instead of having to stamp and create a mask and stamp again and remove the mask and it's just too much work for this lazy busy mom. Anywho... After stamping and heat embossing those darling little posies with white embossing powder, I colored them with various pinks and a Summer Sunrise-ish Zig marker. I really love this color pallette... so fun and happy. I fussy cut them all out (which was not the most pleasant thing in the world for someone as impatient as I) but luckily for me Honey Bee has now released dies to go along with several of their previously released stamp sets. Excuse me while I go and try to find a buyer for my kidney for ALL of the new goodies I want that have come out recently.... 


Okay, I kinda need my kidneys, so I will just have to wait. The rest of the card was created fairly simply. I started with a white card base, upon which I used PTI's Summer Sunrise ink and my Clarity Stencil Brushes to create a pretty halo in the center of the card. The frame and greeting were created with some pretty hot pink card stock. I die cut the stitched frame from The Ton's Double Stitched Rectangles, then popped it up around the edge of the white card base with some foam adhesive. I then used the "gift" die from PTI's Don't Forget To Write MIM kit and die cut the same pink card stock three times, then adhered them all together, adding the stamped portion of the sentiment with Orange Zest ink. The final step was adhering the blooms on the card using a combination of score tape and foam adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed this project! It's nice to be able to break out my supplies from so many different companies and pull them together to create a pretty card.

No comments:

Post a Comment