Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happy Birthday To You...

Hello, friends!

Happy Wednesday. Today I'm sharing a card that I've been working on for what feels like forever. I colored the bits and pieces when I was coloring my neon floral frames for my previous post. You know the invitation that has been the inspiration for several of my last posts? Well, this is the birthday card for the little girl for whom the invitation was sent, and I think it is super cute, not to mention it matches her birthday party theme and decor. Score!! 


I started by heat embossing all of the images from Avery Elle's new Banner and Wreath set, then die cutting them with the coordinating dies. After die cutting all of the pieces, I just sat and played with my Zigs.... I can't ever get enough of those things. The "1" is the only thing that is slightly "technique-y" on the whole project. I simply die cut the number one from an older Avery Elle die set, then did some ink blending with Cactus Flower Archival Ink to create an ombre effect. I die cut a frame from the PTI Pretty Frames die set from some Jelly Bean Bazzill card stock. After I figured out my placement of all of my colored die cuts, I used my blending tool and some Wild Orchid dye ink from The Ton to blend behind where the wreath would be. After that, it was just a matter of gluing everything down. I added in a few sequins from the Pansy collection from Lucy Abrams and decided that I needed to leave it alone before I messed it up. 

I hope you enjoyed this card! I am really happy with how it came out (finally), and I hope that the recipient (well, I guess her mom) likes it! Have a fabulous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment