Friday, March 25, 2016

Hello, Sunshine!

My mom used to sing "You are my Sunshine" to my sister when we were younger. A friend of ours has been going through a bit of a rough time after having her baby, and I thought this sentiment was perfect for her. 


To start, I heat embossed that redonkulous Ranunculus image twice onto some watercolor paper using White Satin Pearl embossing powder from Hero Arts. I wanted some super soft watercolor for this project, so I reached for my Distress Inks. I like the ability to really water down the color when you tap the Distress Inks onto a clear block. Makes the colors so much softer and more muted. For this image, I used Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean, Evergreen Bough, Mustard Seed, and Shaded Lilac. I simply colored all of the images with their respective colors in a very watered down, muted shade of the Distress color, then went back in and did some glazing with a darker color with a deeper concentration of ink to indicate shading and shadows. After they were dry, I fussy cut them and set them aside. 


The rest of the card is ridiculously simple. I heat embossed the "Sunshine" with the White Satin Pearl embossing powder on the blue card stock, which made it a very pretty shade of the same blue as the card stock. I then added the "hello" in a cobalt blue. One of the bouquets was glued down, while another was popped up with dimensional adhesive along the fold of the card, and I then trimmed the edges off. 

That's it! For as long as it took me to watercolor those bouquets, this card sure is simple.... Oh well. I can't help that I'm a perfectionist (as much as one can be with such a loose medium, anyway). I hope you have a fabulous weekend! 


1 comment: