Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The daily color

Me+ watercolor markers=a wonderful afternoon, hopefully with fun projects to share here.

So when I found out that there was going to be a new Daily Color challenge, I was super excited. I missed out on the last one, only realizing what it was in the last few days of the challenge. I am determined to participate this time, if not every day, then as many days as I can.

I've always loved the floral images and monograms from Rifle Paper Co. When I started playing with no-line watercoloring and my stamps, I started itching to make a monogram. I finally got a result with which I'm really pleased!

The only stamps used on this piece were the line images of peonies from Wplus9's Pretty Peonies stamp set. The rest is completely hand drawn, including the monogram itself. I used a combination of Distress Markers/ink pads and my new Zig Clean Color markers. I have to say that I am really pleased how well these two totally different markers play together. The colors complement each other so nicely.

For the color wash around the outside of the wreath, I used some peacock feathers distress ink on a clear block, then spritzed with tsukineko shimmer spray, which I then added to the wet paper. You can't see the sparkle in the pictures, but it adds some lovely shimmer in real life. Some gold Perfect Pearls mixed with water finished off the centers of the peonies.

Hope you all enjoyed this! I am going to add these to my Etsy shop, and some people might be getting these as wedding gifts. ;) have a fabulous day, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment