Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Fabergé fake out

So I have seen gold heat embossing with watercolor or Copic coloring a lot lately on Instagram and Pinterest. So gorgeous. Reminds me of Fabergé eggs and Russian royalty before the revolution and Anna Karenina and just... luxury.

I  combined the beautiful gold embossing powder with some lovely pastel distress markers and a wplus9 stamp set and some water to create this A2 panel. It came out much better than I had anticipated... I initially was just playing around, but I liked my practice sheet enough to make a card out of it. Looking at it now, I would have done something different with the sentiment, but everything is glued down now. C'est la vie.

The stamp is just the large cluster from Botanical something-or-other from wplus9 stamped multiple times across the watercolor paper. I used regal gold embossing powder from ranger. Distress inks were tumbled glass, worn lipstick, spun sugar, seedless preserves, shaded lilac, and I can't remember the green off the top of my head. The die cuts were from Simon Says Stamp cut from gold foil card stock from Bazzill.

I hope you enjoyed this card! I would love it if you became a follower, either here and/or on Instagram. My name is eamidgett. :)

Thanks for dropping by, friends! Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember if you had this on Instagram or not but this is kinda gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete