Sign up to get inspiration sent to your email inbox!!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pretty in Purple... and some news!!


One of my closest friend's favorite colors is purple. She's told me that if she ever has a baby girl, she'll paint her room purple. Well, her birthday isn't for another couple of months, but I was in a crafty mood this week and decided to get a jump on her birthday card.

It gave me a chance to use a set that I won from Wplus9... Embroidered Bouquet. I sold my Stitches and Swirls set from PTI (stupid me!), so winning this made me really happy.
 I did a new technique with some of my seam binding: I used a Copic to dye it. (I can't remember if I mentioned this before?) I needed some ribbon that was a bit lighter than my Fine Linen ribbon, and so I colored on some white seam binding with my E42 Copic. I really like how it turned out!


I hope she likes this card! I personally love the sentiment inside... she has come to be such an incredible friend to me, helping me deal with some sucky stuff, and so I thought this sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday was very appropriate.
I just realized that I forgot to make a coordinating envelope, so I'll have to get on that soon.

Now, for some exciting news!!

For the first time, I submitted a couple of projects to the Papercrafts Magazine call for the September issue coming out this year, and GUESS WHAT?!!?!?!!? One of them was chosen! I am so excited... I may or may not have squealed a bit when I got the email. I'm not allowed to publish my project on my blog until after the magazine comes out, but I do have a reject to write about, which I will do in a couple of days.

Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing in my good news!!!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Wplus9 Embroidered Bouquet; PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts doily; Wplus9 Label Layers 3
Card stock: PTI-Vintage Cream, Winter Wisteria
Ink: PTI Fine Linen, Winter Wisteria, Tea Dye Duo
Miscellaneous: Seam binding (Flourishes), Winter Wisteria button (PTI), jute twine, Bisque Liquid Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so proud of you! Your designs are always gorgeous so this publication is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Cara... So very appreciated! I'm a little excited. :-D

      Delete