Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Ton Challenge Blog: Love

Good morning! If you remember, during The Ton's Anniversary Release, we started a new Challenge Blog... 


Today, the Design Team is introducing this month's challenge:


LOVE. How appropriate for February, right? 

For my card, I wanted to do something a little more bold and graphic than my usual floral, pastel watercolors. I started by heat embossing the heart from Bokeh Burst: Heart using some white pearl embossing powder, then watercoloring the interior of the heart with a shocking pink Zig marker, then the "burst" exterior with a pretty sky blue marker, using a wet paintbrush to smooth everything out. 


Next, I heat embossed my sentiment, from Brushed: Love onto some vellum (for some reason I can't get enough of these beautiful large sentiments heat embossed on vellum) using silver sparkle embossing powder and fussy cut it. I heat embossed the "you to the moon and back" onto a strip of turquoise card stock, then flagged the end with my scissors. 


I die cut a frame from some similarly colored foil card stock using the Stitched Rectangles dies, then popped it up around the edge of the watercolored panel. I popped up the fussy cut sentiment and sentiment strip using dimensional adhesive, as well, then added a smattering of sequins in Don't Wait On Me Fuchsia, Fairy Pink, and Light Blue Topaz

And that's it! Fairly simple and straightforward, and definitely fitting the "love" theme. (My giant "love" is so subtle lol!) Now it's your turn! Pull out your lovey-dovey stamps from The Ton and create a masterpiece of your own, then link it up to the new Challenge link up here. You have until February 28, 2017 to link your project to be eligible for the $50 gift certificate to The Ton Stamps! Have fun, and good luck! Can't wait to see your entries! 


1 comment: